1. Write an informative and informational article consisting of 1750-2500 words. Include a unique info-graphic and a You-Tube video (even if the video is not yours).
2. Inside the article link key phrases to other pages in your site (sales pages, capture pages, informational pages, etc). Also make a link out from your article (Wikipedia would be a good suggestion).
3. Post to bookmarking sites, Facebook and other sites the link to your article. Ask co-workers and friends to do the same.
4. Focus locally. It is easier to rank in a geographic area then to rank nationally.
5. Do a search that you want to rank on, then look at the suggested searches below. That is where Google will be directing people to, try to rank on several of those phrases.
5. Don't depend upon Google organic to be the only driver of business, try to have 7 different channels that are driving business. Some ideas are Google ppc, Yelp, Facebook ads, incentives for referrals, contacting other sites in your verticle for cross-promotion.
6. Quality of quantity. One good article a month is better then 10 half-baked articles.
Distributed DNS Management System
Developed a web based DNS management system. As entries are added to the database, a wscript file runs on multiple servers updating the Windows DNS utilizing Windows command line commands to update that servers dns to match what was added (or removed) from the database. The database updates each time turning from red to green as the commands sync across the system
Expanded to show editor